Saturday, July 30, 2011

I become a blogger

I've never really understood blogs: inviting the world to see (and comment on) my private life? It makes no sense to me.

And then, the epiphany. I've spent hours over the years scouring the internet for information about my favorite hobby: tapetes arraiolos (Portuguese needle work rugs). Occasionally, I come across someone's blog and I'm elated. And then disappointed. I find scraps of information (like, where to go for arraiolos kits), but I have yet to find a comprehensive online source for all things arraiolos in English.

My goal for this blog is to create a resource for English-speakers who are interested in working their own arraiolos rugs. I'll share what I've learned over the years as I've experimented with tools, techniques, and suppliers. And I hope I'll inspire you to find the contentment I've found in creating beautiful art a stitch at a time.

I look forward to your comments and questions!

~Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment